This is what I can do for you
- Copy-editing – I can help you get your message across by making your text clear, consistent and fit for purpose.
- Proofreading – I can give your finished document the final once-over, so it’s ready to be sent out into the world.
- Development editing – I can work on your project at a structural level to bring order, logic and clarity.
- Writing – I can write on many subjects for a general audience. As well as writing my own blog, I am a regular contributor to the SfEP’s award-nominated blog, and have written for clients on a range of non-fiction subjects.
- Editorial consultancy – I can do other things, too! Some tasks don’t neatly fit the categories above. Why not get in touch, and let’s see how I could help with your project?
This is why you should hire me
- I have 20 years’ experience in the publishing industry as an editor.
- I’m highly qualified – I’m an Advanced Professional Member of the SfEP (Society for Editors and Proofreaders).
- I’ve worked for a range of high-profile publishers, agencies and independent authors, and am always up for a challenge.
- I know when to look at the big picture and when to focus on the minute details.
- I’m nice to work with, and will always go the extra mile to do a good job for you.
I have extensive experience of trade publishing, especially in the areas of architecture, art and craft, fashion and cookery, though I will tackle most subjects intended for a general readership.
I have also worked in educational publishing, producing resources for students and teachers, and editing textbooks for vocational qualifications.
I have copy-edited and proofread fiction for publishers, and write fiction in my spare time.
As well as books, I have been a regular proofreader of airline magazines with a readership of millions.
It all sounds good ... but how much will it cost?
I don’t publish prices online, as every project is unique. I’d prefer to agree a fee with you so we both know upfront how much the work will cost before we proceed.
Recent clientsAgency Fish, Artifice Press, Bloomsbury, British Library, City & Guilds, Just Content, Orion, Parragon, Publitek, Quarto Group, RIBA, SfEP, Tate Publishing, Thames & Hudson, Usborne, York Notes